I hope you fall in love with being alive. I hope you read books and understand that life is so much more than expecting an apologetic text from that person you won’t remember in a couple of years. I hope you feel pursued. I hope you have the best of friends. And I even hope you get in trouble together. I hope you make fun memories and take too many pictures and scream at the top of your lungs on roller coasters. I hope you swim in the depths of the oceans. And I hope you feel the dirt underneath your fingernails when you climb mountains. I hope you know the joys of genuine laughter. I hope you know the difference between wisdom and test scores. I hope you understand that you can be anything you want to be. I hope you also understand you have to work hard to get it. I hope you stay consistent with your approach towards life. I hope you do more than sit around and complain about the things that could change. Because I hope you are the CHANGE.
I hope you journal and write every thought down. I hope you learn how to skate. I hope you eat your fruits and vegetables. I hope you treat your body well. I hope you respect your reputation. I hope you build your IDENTITY. But I also hope you have fun. In fact, I hope you have unapologetic shameless kinda fun without hurting others. Because I hope you fall in LOVE with being alive. (Not my words).
HOW TO BECOME A BETTER VERSION OF YOURSELF EVERYDAY:
1. Become more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes and experiences.
2. Collect ideas. Ideas and thoughts tend to evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it is too late. Ideally, write down or sketch every single one.
3. Read. Read a lot. Reading is probably the best investment of time ever. Devote at least 30 minutes per day to reading. Ideally, have a book always with you.
4. Analyze your day. Before going to bed, spend 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
5. Start writing. The biggest value of a good writing skill is that it cultivates a discipline. First of all, the discipline of thinking. Your thoughts will cease to be random and chaotic. They will gradually become systematic and structured instead.
KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM, two most beautiful words and important parts of our life. Let’s talk what’s what today!!
Knowledge is when you grasp/gain & understand something, then stay informed about it. Of course you like sharing it as much as possible so that it remains in your memory & grows further with time. Wisdom is when you understand with whom you should share that knowledge or whether/when not to do so. Most of us have the knowledge but lack WISDOM.
Start from “You know nothing”. Then learn to know yourself. Once you know yourself, it’s your responsibility to create YOURSELF. There is nothing called destiny or wisdom, it’s all about how you find & create you.