You can’t skip chapters, that’s not how life works. You have to read every line, meet every character. You won’t enjoy all of it. Hell, some chapters will make you cry for weeks. You will read things you don’t want to read, you will have moments when you don’t want the pages to end. But you have to keep going.
Stories keep the world revolving. Live your story, don’t miss out.
Now this paragraph is for my close friends. The question is; “Was i angry on Frank?” Answer is: No, i laughed at his tiny mind in November-2019. I was applying for PhD research scholar positions in Berlin. New city for me, Frank took me & few friends to an EXOTIC CAR MEET-UP, that too in a Dacia Duster. Not judging the car, any Dacia or VW is a good daily driver. But, I was laughing at the idea of going to an EXOTIC CAR MEET-UP in a DACIA DUSTER.😂
(No matter how much i praise a Tesla, i am a petrolhead by heart. I am a sucker for all AMG & BMW M-series cars, manual rear wheel drive please.)
Be with someone who is invested in you. I don’t mean someone who thinks you’re cute or funny. I mean someone who wants to know every insignificant detail about you.
Someone who wants to read every word you write. Someone who wants to hear every note of your favorite song, and watch every scene of your favorite movie. Someone who wants to find every scar upon your body, and learn where each one came from. Someone who communicates with both head & heart. Someone who knows why you prefer black coffee & sourdough pizza. Someone who wants to know your favorite brand of toothpaste & shower gel, and which quotes resonate deep inside your bones when you hear them.
There is a difference between attraction, interest & the word i mentioned INVEST. Find the person who wants to learn every aspect of who you are, and hold onto them.
Every relationship/equation/friendship in your life are an immense investment of consistent time & energy, never offer discounts on that.
Educate yourself. When a question about a certain topic pops up, Google it. Watch movies, YouTube videos and documentaries. When something sparks your interest, read about it. Read read read. Study, learn, stimulate your brain. Don’t just rely on the school system, educate that beautiful mind of yours.
Go to university, but go for the right reasons. Education isn’t a gun held to your head: it’s a weapon in your hands. Go not because you’re afraid of not getting a job but go because you love to learn, because you’re excited by ideas, because you believe that education is important for its own sake, and when you get there, pay attention, read everything you can get your hands on, cram yourself with words and figures and ideas, because that’s the one thing they can never take away from you. At the end understand Knowledge, Skills & Qualification, all are equally important parts of life.
HOW TO BECOME A BETTER VERSION OF YOURSELF EVERYDAY:
1. Become more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes and experiences.
2. Collect ideas. Ideas and thoughts tend to evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it is too late. Ideally, write down or sketch every single one.
3. Read. Read a lot. Reading is probably the best investment of time ever. Devote at least 30 minutes per day to reading. Ideally, have a book always with you.
4. Analyze your day. Before going to bed, spend 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
5. Start writing. The biggest value of a good writing skill is that it cultivates a discipline. First of all, the discipline of thinking. Your thoughts will cease to be random and chaotic. They will gradually become systematic and structured instead.